For years I used to buy a package with Turkey meatloaf from Jennie-O. Abruptly, at least for me, company discontinued this product. So, I decided to make my own meatloaf. I went to Jennie-O website, found a recipe, tweaked in a way I want and made a very tasteful turkey meatloaf. I'm not going back to a freeze product. Mine is definitely much better.
Make 1 large loaf
½ white onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (16-ounce each ) packages Lean Ground Turkey
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
olive oil spray
½ cup ketchup
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In food processor, combine onion, carrot, red bell pepper, and garlic. Pulse to chopped until small bits.
2. In large bowl, combine ground turkey and onion mixture. Using hands, work ingredients in gently. In medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, thyme, chili powder, pepper and salt. Mix well. Sprinkle dry mixture over meat, add eggs and gently mix in. Do not over mix.
3. Spray large foil or parchment lined baking sheet with olive oil spray and shape meat into a 6-inch by 11-inch x 1 ½-inch rectangle in the middle of the pan.
4. For glaze, in a small bowl mix together ketchup, hot sauce, cumin and honey and brush over meatloaf top and sides.
5. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes and until 165°F. as measured by
6. a meat thermometer in the center. Always cook to well-done. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
Idea for the recipe comes from https://www.jennieo.com/recipes/print/id/769-Recipe-Rehab%E2%84%A2-Turkey-Meatloaf-Makeover