October 03, 2013

Heavenly Buttermilk Pancakes


I found this easy recipe on a site with THE interesting note: "This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast." So, I decided to try. Previously I learned about another definitely delicious recipe, which I make all the time. Of course, many of you will ask me a question which recipe is better.  I think, my old recipe with oatmeal is much better. Probably, no one entered my old recipe in the contest, because my recipe would be a winner.

Heavenly Buttermilk Pancakes

Makes 20-25 medium size pancakes

1 cup flour
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt

Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated.
Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with butter or nonstick spray. Ladle the batter into the heated pan and cook until the top bubbles and the bottom is browned.
Flip and cook until the other side is nicely browned. Serve as you like them. We like ours with powdered sugar, homemade jam and some sprinkled cinnamon.

Recipe came from http://food52.com/recipes/8262-heavenly-buttermilk-pancakes

No comments: